Monday, April 26, 2010

Case of the Mondays

I had the worst case of the Mondays I think I ever had today. It was one of those days that was just weird...nothing really goes wrong, but at the same time nothing goes right either.

It, obviously, started with my alarm going off this morning. Even though I was in the same place I am every morning..I woke up having no idea where I was.
Once I figured out that I was in my bedroom..I crawled slowly out of bed. I was definitely still feeling pain from my Friday and Saturday nights of debauchery (I'm getting old).
I shower,dress, eat, get all of my work stuff together..go outside..start the car.
I kept thinking, "Damn..it's dark out."
I look at the clock on the dash of my car..I have to add an hour and subtract 5 minutes because I don't know how to set it right. According to my calculations..it is only 4:30am. I check my math again. Yep, definitely only 4:30. I meant to wake up at 5:30.....
I sit in the car for a few minutes..contemplating how I'm going to bounce back and have a normal day after doing something like this. I decided to go back to sleep for an hour..start my day over right. So I did.
When I woke up again I realized I overslept. It was 8:05 and I see my first kids at 8:00. Luckily I was already showered, dressed, and ready to go. In a hurry, I hop in my car and back up without looking..well it turns out my mom was confused and put the recyclables out a day early. I knock them over and drag them all the way down the street. I thought about just leaving them, but my neighbor (who was laughing hysterically by the way) saw me so I had to pick them up.

When I finally arrived at the school, I walk into my office only to find four pissed off third graders staring at me.
"You're late," one of them says.
I immediately feel like I betrayed them. Luckily and quick thinking on my part, I brought M&Ms to share and all was forgotten.

The day didn't get much better. I've been too efficient lately..and had nothing to do. The computer I normally use at work has a virus so I couldn't even stalk people on facebook. It was torture.

At one point, I was working with a kid on following directions....giving her 1 step directions she had to do her best to follow. She had a worksheet and a collection of crayons in front of her. I told her to color something blue and she just stared at me like I'm crazy.
I thought maybe she didn't hear me so I said it again, "Color the TRIANGLE, blue."
She replies, "To do that..I would need a blue crayon."
Now I'm looking at her like SHE'S crazy, "You do have a blue crayon. It's right in front of you."
"That isn't blue..read it..it's denim."
Cheese and Rice..are you serious???
I say, "Honey..it's the same thing."
"How is it the same thing? You said color the SQUARE blue..this is denim."
"Color the TRIANGLE blue" (Square..This is why we're doing this activity!!)
"Still, it's denim."
At this point my mind wanders..I think about all the people assisting in disaster relief, researching cures for cancer, doctors performing life saving procedures...

and then there's me..arguing with an 8 year old about the difference between blue and denim.

"Just color it red." I gave up.
She colored THE SQUARE red.

On the bright side, today was so lame it's going to make Terrible Tuesday (what I always call Tuesdays) Terrific. :)

6 comments:

  1. Andrea. That was absolutely hilarious. You are suuuuuch a good blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like keeping updated on your world ;) Keep up the great entries! Always entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is dumb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather have a dumb blog than a dumb face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Entertaining, That kind of mrn is hard to bounce back to. If that was to happen to me, i think i would call it a day and call off work...

    p/s.. if this blog is dumb, why are you reading it???? You are the DUMB one...

    anywho,Thank
    Your BIGGEST FAN

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoever biggest fan is im pretty sure andrea knew me callin her blog dumb was a joke seeing how she answered it with a joke back....so a,b,....c your way out of it

    ReplyDelete